Monday, June 18, 2012

Day One Hundred Ninety: Treaty Walks Wanders

My camera died a couple weeks ago, so I'm using Michael's beautiful, blue, new camera. I just thought, I should take a picture of the camera, it's so beautiful, but you can't take a picture of a camera. Life's funny like that. The things we're closest to, we just can't capture, like these Treaty Walks. Here I am on Day One Hundred Ninety, and I should be writing about all the wonders that I've learned, but that's my problem, I'm just full of wonders.

I wonder what good my walks have done. I wonder why I'm sad that the walks are almost over. I wonder what it is that I'm trying to say. I wonder why I found a strip of the British flag rained into the sand. I wonder if I'll keep treaty walking.

But even before all the wonders can roll out, I have ten days in front of me. Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one. Day Two Hundred, here we come.

And even before I begin the countdown, I should remember my lesson tonight in thankfulness. Thank you Creator for loving our children and keeping them safe. Thank you for dear friends who share the journey with us. Thank you for cell phones and texts full of good news.

O.K. What I had started to say was that my camera had died and now I'm using Michael's camera, but today, my blog wouldn't let me post any more pictures. Said I'd used my limit. Said I'd have to pay 2.49 a month for more space. And I'm sure it's a conspiracy to get my credit card number, so I didn't click on anything. The same message showed up a month or two ago, and I just tried later, so I'm going to try again tomorrow.

But tonight, I'm not full of complaints, I'm full of wonder and thankfulness. I'm going to remember that Brene Brown quote, "Don't shrink, don't puff up, stand your sacred ground." I'm thankful to have met up with Chief Perry Bellegarde on the road to the Governance Centre to give him his magazine and t-shirt from our First Nations and Metis Leadership Literacy Project. And I'm thankful for running into Chantel and Michael at Robins Donuts while I was waiting for Chief Bellegarde. I'm thankful for their hugs.

And tomorrow is Day One Hundred Ninety One, Day Ten on my ten day countdown. There's so much to be thankful for. And if there's anyone out there who would like to walk with me in the morning or after school in the next ten days, let me know; we'll make a plan. We'll wander together.

No comments:

Post a Comment